This will absolutely be the biggest game for the Bears 2012 season thus far. The Detroit Lions are 4-0 and have some very good athletes on their team which include players like Matt Stafford who has the potential to be considered among one of the greats. It is still too early to tell because he has been injured for the past couple of years, but if he can stay healthy, he will inevitably put up great numbers for the Lions. It also helps that he can pass to, in my mind, the best receiver in the league. Calvin Johnson Jr. is a freakish athlete. He can run faster, jump higher, and is stronger than any cornerback in the league. He has averaged 2 touchdown catches per-game in this season so far, and is not looking to slow down anytime soon. Needless to say the Bears will have to figure out a way to always have double coverage on him throughout the game. I would have to say that the biggest surprise in Detroit’s organization this year is there defense. I mentioned Ndomukong Suh in my last blog and described how much of an impact he is, but I found a quote by Zackary Bowman that might be appropriate to how good strong he is. He states “Suh literally picks up a car from the front and just lifts up the whole thing” Bowman said with a laugh. “I’m like, ‘Get out of here.’ And he just sets it back down. I had never seen that before.”
Undoubtedly, this coming Monday will be a brawl. Whichever team can survive all 4 quarters will be the one that comes out on top. And I don’t know about you, but I’m thinkin DAAA BEARS.
The Truth I Speak
No comments:
Post a Comment