Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bears vs. Chiefs Post-game

The Bears just suffered a devastating loss to the Kansas City chiefs a couple of hours ago.  I thought that this would be an easy victory for the bears, but apparently I was wrong.   The game ended with a score of 10-3.  This is a very pathetic score for both teams.  The only reason the Chiefs were even ahead by 7 was because of a ridiculous Hail Mary play.  Urlacher and Conte both made attempts to knock the ball down, but in doing so it ended up in Mcclusky’s hands.  This ended up being Palko’s first career touchdown pass.  Ularcher was accused of a mistake by not catching the ball.  He states "We knocked it down.  Chris and I, we both hit it. I don't know if it went straight down or it went backwards. I guess I should have caught it or tried to, but it's just not what we do. I've never done that. I just try to knock it down."  In my opinon he had the right intentions.  Trying to catch the ball can lead to a mishandle and a completion for the other team.  I think that this play was purely a freak accident and the Chiefs just got lucky.   
                But in other news the Bears are still right in the middle of the playoff race.  All of the teams that were fighting for the wildcard spot with Chicago also suffered losses.  So we are in the same position as we were the week before.  It would have been nice to get a win against an easy opponent, but the Bears seem to always figure out how to make the playoffs the hard way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment