Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lavoyda Lenard

Lavoyda Lenard
                Brian Urlacher’s mother Lavoyda Lenard just passed away today at 51 years old.  When Brian was young, his parents were divorced so Lavoyda, Brian, and his three siblings moved to Lovington, NM together.   Brian was quoted in an ESPN magazine article in 2002 saying “My mom is my heart”.  This tragedy will take a toll on anybody.  Head coach Lovie Smith knows exactly was Brian is going through because Lovie lost his mother earlier this year.  I will hope that Lovie and the rest of the team can help support Brian through this terrible circumstance.  Lovie has refused to speculate on Urlachers return. 
                Urlacher just came of an amazing game as I talked about in my previous post.  He had 10 tackles, his fourth career touchdown on a fumble return, and a diving interception.  It is hard to replace a guy like that.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and I hope he will be able to return soon because he is truly the heart of this defense. 
                The Bears will have quite the matchup on Sunday against the Saints especially if Urlacher is unable to play.  Their passing pursuit is one of the best in the League.  Drew Brees currently has a passer rating of 112.5.  He threw for 419 yards and 3 touchdowns.  This will be a very tough matchup for the bears, but if our defense played like it did last week, we will undoubtedly win.  I will post a pre-game blog later in the week, but more importantly I hope Urlacher and his family will make it out of this okay.

R.I.P Lavoyda 

No comments:

Post a Comment