The Bears just suffered a very disappointing (25-20) loss against the Oakland Raiders about an hour ago. Everything seemed to be going our way, but the Raiders just made bigger plays. This was Chicago’s first game this season without their starting quarterback Jay Cutler. So giving backup Caleb Hanie the start was on everyone’s minds.
To be completely honest I do not think that Hanie had such a bad showing in today’s game. He threw for 254 yards and 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. This is a very impressive start for a backup that has never started in an NFL game. I saw a lot of good things come from him. He ran the ball very well and made some impressive passes. The only problem I had with those stats is that he threw for 3 interceptions! One of them was on a 2nd and 1 screen to Davis within the Raiders 10 yard line seconds before halftime. In my opinion this was really the biggest play of the game. Not only did this interception give the Raiders the ball on Chicago’s 6 yard line, but it was 2nd and 1!!! With how the Bears running backs were playing they could have easily gained the one yard with a rushing play. The Bears really blew an opportunity to score right before half and because of this it gave Oakland the momentum going into half time.
But not all is bad in Chicago. I think this game showed us a lot of strengths in the Bears offense. Hanie can throw and run the ball well. The Forte Barber double threat could be one of the best run forces in the league, Robbie Gould is still golden form 50+ yards, and we have a fairly simple schedule ahead of us (minus the Packers).
So keep your heads up Bears fans, I have a feeling that there are good things to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment