Since I cannot talk about the Bears today because they will not play until tomorrow. I will give you readers a little recap of how other teams have played today and how they might affect Chicago in the future.
I would have to say that the biggest nail bitter was the game between the St. Louis Rams and the Arizona Cardinals. The game was played in Arizona and they turned out to be the favorites, but while the game was going on it was clear that no team should have been favored. It was a defensive battle throughout. The Cardinals gave up two safeties, and there was only one touchdown scored between the two teams before overtime started. The Rams ended up getting the ball to start overtime, but could not convert a score. Then the biggest play of the game happened. On the St. Louis punt Arizona returned it for 99 yards and the touchdown. It was a very dramatic victory for Arizona because they have been struggling to get wins, and the Rams were just coming off a big win from defeating the Saints.
Even though this was a fun game to watch it did not affect the Bears in too many ways. I labeled it the toilet bowl because neither team really has a chance to make the playoffs. It almost seemed like they were playing for pride rather than just a win. Hopefully the fans for both teams will realize that there is some really good potential for success in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment