As we all should know Robbie Gould is an all star in the kicking industry. He has connected for 23 of 25 field goals attempts this season which means he has a 92% consistency. This would put him on pace to break the team record he set in 2008 which was 89.7% (26-29) completion percentage. Dan Bailey is the only kicker that has made more kicks in the NFC this year. Even though that he was overshadowed by Raiders Sebastian Janikowski in last Sundays game Robbie Gould made some amazing kicks. He made a 50 and a 53 yarder in the 4th quarter to keep the game as close as possible. Gould is 5-5 from 50 yards and beyond this year.
Gould is by far the most underrated Bears players. It is hard to be a kicker in the NFL because everyone feels like it is a joke of a position. It is no joke when the game is on the line with no time left in the fourth quarter or your team wins by a field goal. I have played soccer for 13 years and I cannot kick a field goal to save my life. I think the longest one I have made was a 10 yarder. Not to mention this was a high school regulation field goal, and not the skinny NFL field goals. Gould is consistently kicking 50 yard field goals to help out the bears. To Gould, it is really more like an art rather than a profession.
No comments:
Post a Comment