Jay Cutler was injured in last Sunday’s game against the San Diego Chargers. He injured it in the last 9 minutes of the game by trying to make a tackle right after he threw an interception. Now this is an interesting subject to talk about. Some players would call him stupid for trying to make a tackle on a play like that, while others would say that he showed toughness. You would never see quarterback’s like Tom Brady or Payton Manning trying to make a tackle like Cutler did after an interception because they see the consequences in it. But let’s say the Super bowl was on the line and the play depended on the quarterback making a tackle. Who would you rather have back there? Tom Brady and his skirt or Jay Cutler and his vengeance? I think the answer is obvious. The only problem about Cutlers mentality is the fact that they were in week 11 of their season and not the Super bowl. Cutler is projected to be out for 6-8 weeks of the season which means that he will be back come playoff time, if the Bears make it to the playoffs…
But enough cries for Jay Cutler. I say on with the old and in with the new. Caleb Hanie will finally get a chance to prove himself over the next few weeks or so. He looked excellent in the NFC championship game against the Packers. He threw for 2 touchdown passes and a lot of great completions. With that said though he was running more of a two minute offense against the packers. They did not bring any pressure on Hanie during his play. I am sure Hanie will get a lot of pressure in Chicago’s next game against Oakland and I am excited to see how he handles it.
I will give more updates on Cutlers injury in future posts…
No comments:
Post a Comment