As I hope most of you readers out their know Chicago will be playing the Philadelphia Eagles on their second Monday night football game. The Eagles are a unique team because they have one of the most unique players in the NFL as quarterback in Michael Vick. Vick has stirred up a lot of conflict in these past few years. Originally Vick was an all-star quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons that made it to the playoffs multiple times. Just as he seemed to be hitting the peak of his career he was sentenced to prison for hosting dog fights at his house. Everyone thought that Vick’s career was over with, but everyone was wrong. The Eagles picked him up to serve as a back up quarterback for Mcnabb at the time, and once Mcnabb left, and once again Vick was the man for the job. I know that most of you readers know these facts, but I just want to reiterate it before I go on any further because this is a topic that bothers me a bit. Athletes in every sport get in trouble for terrible crimes like this all the time, but because they are good at what they do, people forget and once again accept them as heros.
Regardless of this instance you cannot deny that Michael Vick is good. I mean really good. The bears will have a lot on their plate to try and contain him. Larry Mayer a writer from Chicagobears.com website writes “I think it’s very important for the Bears' front four to generate consistent pressure on Michael Vick while maintaining their discipline and staying in their rush lanes”. I believe this to be very true. The front line will have their hands full to contain Vick, but I believe the Bears have the skill.
No comments:
Post a Comment